1. For the neatest slices, always use a very sharp or serrated knife to cut your cakes, and for fruit cakes cut in a backwards and forwards sawing motion.
2. Once cut and to store, cover the open (cut) slices with foil but leave the icing and decorations exposed. Store your iced cakes in a box in a dry cool place. Cakes not covered in icing need to be stored in an air tight container, this will keep them from drying out for a bit longer.
3. Do not store your cakes in the fridge but in a cool, dry place.
4. If by some miracle you cannot finish your cake within a week, it is possible to freeze it and then thaw at a later date. Please note this does not apply to any iced cakes.
5. Always store biscuits separately to cakes (to avoid soggy biscuits!)