A delicious combination of sweet and savoury.
Cook Time15-20 minutes
- 250g Salted butter, softened
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1-1½ Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 125g cornflour
- 40g granulated sugar mixed with 1tsp Cornish sea salt, to sprinkle
- 7.5cm star shaped biscuit cutter
1. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. In a bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and rosemary and sift the flour and cornflour over.
2. Bring together by hand to form a smooth dough, but don’t overmix.
3. On a floured board, roll out the dough to 5mm (¼in) thick and cut out stars using the cutter. Gather the leftover dough and roll it out again, repeating until it has all been used.
4. Place the stars on the try and bake for 15-20mins. Sprinkle with the sugar and salt, then leave to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Photography by Kate Whitaker